A big thanks to Gavin over at Mini Media Reviews for another Sunshine Blogger Award, it’s always a great way to interact and support fellow bloggers, you can follow his blog right here: http://minimediarvwr.com/
So what does it entail? Well…
- Firstly, posting the award on your blog
- Thanking whoever nominated you
- Answering the 11 questions that have been asked
- Picking another 11 bloggers to receive the award
- Sending them another set of 11 questions of your choosing
But before I pose my own questions to fellow bloggers, here are my answers to the questions I was sent:
1. What is your favourite film from 2017 so far?
Hate to give a completely unoriginal answer but I’d have to say it’s La La Land because I’ve been humming the soundtrack non-stop for weeks now and even though it didn’t knock my socks off at first, it pulled me in eventually and I completely loved it.
2. What was the best present you got for Christmas?
A record player because my new obsession is vinyl film soundtracks, especially for older films, I recently bought Casablanca, The Great Gatsby, Manhattan and Psycho, it’s great to listen to the intricate music we take for granted when you watch because we’re focused on the actors.
3. What is your favourite TV show?
Hard question but in general it would be a tie between 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation, I’ve seen every episode of both more times than I would like to admit.
4. What do you like to spread on your toast?
Unusual question or perhaps it could reveal something deeper and psychological, or perhaps not, just butter for me.
5. Do you prefer to binge watch or or watch week by week?
I do love the anticipation of waiting week to week, especially with shows like How to Get Away with Murder but I’m a binge watcher, I will regularly pick a new show and fly through it in no time, I’m planning on doing so with The OA very soon.
6. What do you watch most of your content on? TV/Cinema/Computer/Mobile Device?
TV without question, I do always prefer to see a film at the cinema because it’s much more immersive but there’s just so much more time and accessibility to watching on your TV and like many of us film lovers I do have an ever growing DVD and Blu-ray collection to keep me entertained at home.
7. Tea or Coffee?
Coffee. I usually make myself a cup to drink while I write reviews.
8. What film have you just never got around to watching but still really mean to?
The Crow and Chaplin’s City Lights.
9. What was the last film that you watched from a female director?
Thank you for this question, love it. In the cinema it would be Amma Asante’s A United Kingdom or in general I did just re-watch Pitch Perfect 2 which was of course directed by Elizabeth Banks. Although both Brie Larson and Greta Gerwig have directed films coming out this year which I absolutely can’t wait to see and hope being in the UK won’t ruin the chances of doing so.
10. 3D or not 3D?
That depends on the film but 3D does make a film even more immersive so when I can see something in 3D, I will.
11. Where do you get most of your film/movie/TV news from?
These days I’d probably say Twitter, from accounts of people involved, actors, directors etc. or from fellow entertainment junkies like myself. Most articles on media sites at this point are usually quoting one of various social media sites the information has been published on first.
Moving on to my own nominations and questions, as of course, I talk all things film here at Film Carnage, I’m going to centre my questions around exactly that, so here are your questions:
JumpCut UK, TheMarkoGuy, Assholes Watching Movies, In Session Film, Let’s Go To The Movies, Keithlovesmovies, 2eyes1screen, Real-Time Write-Ups, Moustache Movie News, Spoiler Alert Reviews and The Moving Picture Review.
- What is the next film you’ll see at the cinema?
- What is your favourite book to film adaptation?
- Battle of the brothers: Ben Affleck or Casey Affleck?
- What film do you most regret seeing?
- If you could spend 24 hours with any fictional character from film, who would it be?
- With the Oscars just having announced their nominations yesterday, which Best Picture winner do you think the Academy got most wrong?
- What is your favourite Alfred Hitchcock film?
- What film can you most watch without getting bored of it?
- Which director would you pick to make a film about your life?
- DVD or Digital?
- If you could only watch one genre of film for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Looking forward to reading some answers!